Implicit Bias Training
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) recently posted a set of FAQs to clarify requirements related to Implicit Bias Training.
The entire document can be viewed here :Download file
Items to note:
This requirement is separate from and in addition to the requirement for 24 PDR credits for renewal. For a 2 year renewal cycle you will need 2 hours of Implicit Bias Training The new requirements take effect June 1, 2022. If you are renewing in 2022 and renew BEFORE June 1 the training is not required. If you renew AFTER June 1 you will need 1 hour of training for this renewal only.For subsequent renewals you will need 2 hours -1 hour for each year in the renewal cycle.
Identification of victims of Human Trafficking
Professional Development Requirements
When accumulating PDRs, it is the responsibility of each licensee to consider which activity code to use after:
- Reviewing the full detail of each activity code and then
- Matching the content of the activity the licensee performed to the activity code they selected
If audited, each licensee should be able to explain their rationale for choosing a particular activity code.
- Summary of Requirements
- Detailed List of PDR Activities and Related Requirements
- How to determine if a Continuing Education Course will be accepted for PDR Credit
- PDR FAQs - December 2019 [Members Only - Login Required]
- Dept of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) forms:
Pro Bono/ Volunteer Work - Activity 17
Bono Clinics supported by Michigan Physical Therapy Education Programs – These locations may have volunteer opportunities:
- Andrews University
- Grand Valley State University
- University of Michigan Flint
- Wayne State University